Saturday, May 12, 2007

Painful drive to Roanoke...

Yea, so all the drinking at Lauren's place almost killed me.... When I did reach Roanoke around Noon, I climbed into a Panera's booth and sat there for five hours, just working and trying not to move.

Later that night, when things were better - I got all prettied up and shot with Scott and Mr. Biddle... (Don't you just love that name? It's kind of like Mr. Bean, except it's Mr. Biddle!) They shot me as a Duo, taking turns. They admitted that normally neither of them pay models..... but they wanted to help contribute to my trip, which I thought was just lovely and appreciated - As for the photos, they came out really amazing. I am still sorting through Mr. Biddle's work... but did make it through Scott's photos this morning. One of his images was showcased on OMP (Yay Scott!)... In the meantime, here is a photo of Mr. Biddle's Love Bird and I.... : )

FYI to travelers: No coon dogs to mention, but alas Motel 6 also does not exist in Lynchburg, VA... always a sad realization for a low-budget traveler....

Luckily, Scott, the photographer.... offered me a spare room at his place. He is one of those guys who likes having another photographer around - because he doesn't want a model saying that anything happened at a shoot. Scott is still taking very small photography steps..... He likes to kind-of intern under other photographers, to learn their lighting and their shooting habits. It's a great idea for someone starting out. He is also a networking addict, traveling to Meet and Greets (he was actually headed to the DC Meet and Greet this weekend...) and caravaning a bunch of people to and from the events.

I really liked waking up at his place....
There was sun coming through the drapes
The house felt like a big warm hug....
.... Southern Virginia is one of the prettiest places I've even been
If you live here, never move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loveing that pciture of you