Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cowboys, Condos, and RainStorms.

When I started this trip.... I shot with a photographer in Maryland. He was a hobbiest, shooting on weekends.... His fulltime job is racing horses. He has piles of those funny little hats that you see people wear at the Derby's on TV.

When he graciously gave me the keys to his winter Condo in New Orleans, he said, "There is a giant bridge, one of the longest in the US, built across a lake on your way into Louisiana....really neat," Perhaps it would have been neat in other circumstances, but a massive storm hit just before I reached the bridge. The sky opened up. 6pm and the lightning made it look like daylight. I swear, I thought my windshield was going to break from how much water was hitting it..  Convertible top started leaking. I could not see the road. It was really scary. I would not see and I could not pull over because I WAS ON A BRIDGE. Everyone was trying to pull over, though. My wheels were skidding across the water and I kept losing control of the car..... I was sure I was going to die. That went on for well over an hour.... I was so scared, I started crying and hyperventilating. But at some point, I realized that no one else was going to drive me car for me.

And perhaps that is how life works too? Some times you just realize that no one else is going to get you through the hard things. You just have to do it yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have be caught in scary rain stroms like that when traveling. I was in PA, in the mountains. Trucks were blowing by me at 80 mph. I was going 45, and I was about to cry. I couldn't see anything. I made it to the truck stop, and waited for the rain.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

irshad said...

hi i am irrsh can i book you for night you r very sexy if yes pz contact me irshad@techie.com