Thursday, May 10, 2007

Durham, NC and Coon Dogs...

So when I arrived at my Motel 6 address in Durham, NC - let me describe what I saw there: What I saw was an acre of land, hosting of a nest of dumpy-broken down trailers. Scattered around these trailers were a various assortment of car parts - From the looks of it, they seemed to be using the car parts as lawn ornaments? 

Motel 6 doesn't exist in Durham.... So I broke out my neat little GPS thing that my younger brother bought me for my last birthday (I don't use it often because it has this Loud British lady who is very demanding). The GPS screen gave me lots of tiny hotel icons to choose from. Alas, I ended up at the hotel right nextdoor to my next photographer. It is the first time I've stayed in a really nice hotel since I have been on the road. They gave me SIX towels and I used every single one. You know you are at a fancy place when they give you six towels and the beds smell like a Caribbean island full of tropical flowers. I cranked the heat, got naked, and had a beach party!!! Photographer in Durham is a fulltime photographer who is hired to only photograph brick buildings (he is in the brick business).....He told me that he hasn't worked with many models. I just really enjoyed how prepared and eager he was to shoot. Before I had arrived, he had already picked out images that inspired him. Love when photographer prepare!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I cranked the heat, got naked, and had a beach party!!!"


Hummmm...my invite musta gotten lost in the mail :)

Anonymous said...

Shit... I forgot to bring my coon dogs and Budwieser to the studio yesterday. There's always next time...

JHS said...

Hi.

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.