Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wash out in Santa Barbara

Matt and I left LA earlier than expected....I had a shoot up in Malibu and there was just no reason to head back to the city. That particular Malibu shoot went well..... the photographer picked this cute little park in the mountains with all these horse trails. Matt wanted to help out (since he very rarely does).... he climbed some trees to pose as our lookout - unfortunately, suprise suprise.... he fell asleep.... or he was meditating or something because the next thing I knew I was standing there waving-a-half-naked-Hello to a girl on a pretty horse. She kindly waved back.... but I could feel that ewwww-you're-so-naked stare.... haha.... crazy people on horses......

That night we were supposed to stay with an old friend in Santa Barbara.... yet after arriving there, amidst having a conversation with him... I very bluntly mentioned that I believed him to be a bit egotistical *gasp oh no* - and he, in turn with his broken ego, told Matt and I that we had to find another place to sleep for the night. It was one of those wonderful/shitty kind of moments - because if we had stayed with him, the next day most likely wouldn't have happened. But it did. Because that night at 3am Matt and I drove all the way up to Pismo Beach, found a $140 hotel for only $35 (yay for the adorable Japanese man at the Quality Inn who like roadtrippin people) We got free orange juice and waffles in the morning..... oooh and they gave us an awesome map of the area. The rest of the day was spent on the pier, watching surfers, counting seagulls, and trying to find the best clam chowder in town.....

Being out of LA is awesome.
Let me tell you.....

That night I shot with some photographers who bicker just as much as Matt and I do - it was totally adorable. While I worked, Matt hung out with the neighbors, have you ever seen that celebrity midget from whatever that car show is? Well Matt hung out with them all night - he said he had to use The Secret "Look at this! I am born into the universe, this is so exciting! What a wonderful place to be born...." a few times to get through it, but all in all - it was time well spent.

1 comment:

Brooks said...

Hey! Easy on the L.A. comments. :-)