Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's 9am. Just woke up...

... from a dream - See, I am driving my car and all of a sudden, there's this gigantic hill in front of me - I cannot see the top of it..... and it sucks, because I need to get to the otherside..... so I put my foot to the floor and pretend that it is a rollercoaster. "I'm not in my car, I'm on a rollercoaster," I say.....the car chuggs upward, everything is good, everything is awesome - Things change quickly though - from the new perspective I see the road is no longer slanting up..... No no no. It is going up and over my head.... like a big cement wave crashing upon itself.... The car is going too fast. The car is going to flip over..... I am in slow motion, upside-down, I see cement..... and I wake up..... 

 ....... just had that dream now..... Years ago, that same dream was a nightly occurrence...... (The catalyst for my terribly pointless fear of hills) Took awhile but eventually I realized that the only time that dream Is when I feel out of control of my life. Used to be boyfriends, jobs, sexual trauma - things like that would set it off.

It is crazy what one-single-popped-tire will do to your mindstate.... huh? 

So the mustang popped it's first tire for the trip... Matt and I were driving to my next shoot, Got lost (as is the trend for LA these days)... ... pulled over in Santa Monica, parked the car, asked some people for directions, got back in the car and.. *thump thump thump* Luckily a homeless man showed up and helped us. I was skeptical at first. But he jacked up the car, put on the donut. He was telling us about how he travels the US on a universal $300 greyhound ticket.... and how he gets medical marjauna because he has cancer. He did not want his family to go into medical debt so instead of getting chemo like they wanted. He bought a greyhound ticket and decided to go on a final roadtrip. We all sat on the beach in Santa Monica for a few hours. We are on different roadtrips but for some of the same reasons. We all want to feel alive, regardless to how much time we have here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog from D Bryan Nelson. What a great time to find your blog, right on your road trip!
Good luck, sorry I just missed you. I live in San Diego... Good luck and good night!

Anonymous said...

Well, groovy. So you're cruising with a gay guy, hanging with the homeless. Somehow I feel your not really getting the hot sex you should be. Perhaps it's the company you, uh, keep??