Friday, August 1, 2008

Returning to Black Rock City!!!

HELL YES!! Burning - fucking - Man!! Back to the desert!! Back to the best party, the best community, the best people, the best music, the best art, the best creative energy that can be found anywhere - and I mean anywhere...... The sandstorms, the pretty lights, the costumes. I was really unsure as to if I would be able to return to Burning Man this year... mostly because no one that I know can afford tickets and I realized that partying by myself is really quite dangerous (I am too curious for my own good sometimes)..... Tracy talked me into going again. Both her and her boyfriend purchased tickets to attend and we are carpooling from Tucson!!!! HELL YES!! .. So ecstatic and elated and excited and... just wow... you know? Black Rock City in late August.

BURNING MAN!!!!

I am hoping with all the hope that I have, that I can find someone that I know that is going to have an RV..... I invited Jason from Manitoba - figured since he is a party-type and all super guy-ish - he would be able to find an RV somewhere and come out to party with me, but not sure if he can make it.... might contact Grin from last year, see if he can set up camp near us, so we can crash in his RV during the day and nap.... he was the man. He made bloody marys and breakfast for me every single morning that I was there. He looked like Tom Petty - great neighborly neighbor..... and then there is Ethan from Berkley that I met at Harbin in CA... have to meet up with him as well, he made me happy.... And Kristine! Baby, are you coming!? You have to send me an email... I know you read this.

So much to think about! The theme is The American Dream this year - I expect the playa to be littered with both beautiful art from the 50's and really creepy art sculptures of what our twisted demented idea of the American Dream is these days.... I need to find costumes. Might dress up as a 50's mom and travel around handing out homemade cookies.... : ) ...... or I could do an American Flag made out of monopoly money and wear it as a toga? Ha....

Anyways, this only adds to the chaos which is already August for me.... I have the Detroit Erotic Art Ball this weekend, Family Vacation in the Cape, FetCon in two weeks, maybe a power modeling trip to make some serious cash in DC or NYC, and then flying into Tucson to drive up to the Man with Tracy and Brandon for a week, and finally flying back to plan a Canadian Trip to Nova Scotia and all that good stuff..... busy busy busy bee, eh?

Photo Credit: Google Maps! A guy at the Man who took my email addy! Snapshot! Stephan Melvin... in all his glory.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a new fan....based south of GB...is WI part of your itinerary?

PD said...

Like Grandma used to say: "It's not what you know, but who you know". Sounds like you know the right people to have a good time with. Aint it great having friends that can talk you into something that you really want to do? Good to hear you invited the Man from Manitoba. Hopefully he can make it, & make the trip complete.

50's America? Here's an idea: Go as the Fonz from Happy Days. Jeans, White T-Shirt, Leather Jacket. Yes, not original, but you could pull it off very easily.

August goes by to fast anyway. At times, dont you wish that time would just slow down enough so we can catch our breathe & look around a bit? Nice shot from Melvin.

American Citizen said...

I see why you adore Mr. Melvin's work.

London Andrews said...

You missed me - I was in WI about a week and a half ago. Might return, because I love Todd - but I won't be working or traveling much when visiting. : )

I know a lot of people who can 'have a good time'... but can they afford it? That is the better question. You figure it is $50 a day for all you can eat, party, drink, love, cherish, art, create, and dance for a full week.... it is worth it, but no one can come up with the cash for it...

Melvin is amazing.... you should see the rest of the images... wow

paddy said...

London - I need to catch up on my reading to figure out who this lucky "Todd" is but do give a heads up if you are heading back to the cheesehead state....even if is primarily an R&R stop, maybe fans/readers will catch a sighting LOL....enjoying the blog / your writing and the youtube stuff

What's the soundtrack for this leg of the journey?

London Andrews said...

Todd aka TH Taylor - is a photographer based out of Milwaukee. He is a good friend and someone that I plan on keeping in touch with after I stop modeling..... there are photos of his work on my previous Milwaukee blogs...

The soundtrack for this leg of the trip is 90's music right now (Bush, Prodigy, RATM)And Tracy is lovin JD Fortune from INXS... who is supposedly incredibly sexy and she wants babies with him...