Monday, August 4, 2008

Detroit: DEAC

As usual, Detroit turned out to be nothing more but a giant black-hole for photography. If Dr Seuss could say anything about this particular part of Michigan - it would be, " (Dear Detroit), your soul is an apalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable, Mangled up in tangled up knots.....You nauseate me (Detroit)." It is this creative deficit which can only be found here on lake Erie, that led me to nuke Michigan off my roadtrip at beginning of my roadtrip - who knew that I would be back, eh?

Ok, so Michigan is not that bad.... while I had two cancellations out of three, and the third guy spent his entire shoot attempting to get crotch shots of Tracy's cooch.... the DEAC turned out to be a really good time. Completely made up for the creative-void that is Detroit.

Saturday night, Tracy and I got all super sexy - fetished out (or so we thought)... went to check out X-Ball. We followed a few people in who were fully dressed in latex-diving suits and realized... that fetish-wise....we completely under-dressed. We left early and went to party at the Marriott hotel with a bunch of photographer's and models. Got to meet Timothy Nolan - he says that I am the first girl he has ever fallen for at first sight. I think he is incredibly adorable.... spent most of the night kicking back at the hotel. I think there were over fifteen people in the room at one point - jumping around on the beds, throwing eachother around.... My buddy Larry Bradby, from DC showed up... totally wasted and all the girls started spanking him ... ha, it was funny.... I seriously love Larry. I hope he is coming to the FetCon, he will only add to the chaos that will soon ensue.... ha.

Next morning Tracy and I did the DEAC shoot at the Museum of New Art in downtown Pontiac.... Since my portfolio is already decent....at events such as this, I try to stay away from working. Spend most of my time meeting new people and catching up on photography stories.... So I buzzed around and Tracy worked with a handful of talented types - that will hopefully get her some good images.... Around 3pm, Timothy, Larry, Tracy and I all took off for a short break - I wanted to sit next to Timothy... but ended up next to Larry, which is cool - Larry is my man... he is my myth.... he is all about the hair. : )

I get home in two days!! I get to see my cat in two more days!! : ) Yay Little Kitty!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so, your intellect, personality and manner all put shame to mere still images of you - sue me. :-P

I heart Larry *and* Tracy now too though, so you may have to share me.

Anonymous said...

Absence makes the heart wanna buy a plane ticket - not as poetic, perhaps, but far more pragmatic.

:-P

Tom said...

Gotta agree with you about Detroit... and I live here... :-(

Anonymous said...

So, I am still reading your blogs from time to time, cause you rock. Also, I see you have a spot for model/photographer blogs. I do one and I just wrote one with some images of you. check it. link it. whatever. Have fun, much love!


http://www.fedorasbox.com/cgi-bin/blog/index.cgi

London Andrews said...

DEAC was a hell of a good time... : ) I have not partied till 5:30am in almost a full year.... I am a total wimp when it comes to staying up late....

Fedora! I love you.... like, really love you. You should try to come to BurningMan - you could camp near us and share our airconditioning... ha, well if we find any. : ) The pics look fucking adorable. Going to link your blog right now....