Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cape Cod - Eastham

There is no wi-fi in the family vacation house. Guess it does not matter much, since currently I am not booking any work. My hair is wet. Stewie Hues cd is on repeat, with Gillian Welch singing her Nashville Blues. Blue bed, t-shirt sheets, soft box lighting from bay windows. Marley and Me was a failed attempt, at first I thought it was just the fact that they author wrote and entire novel based on his beloved golden retriever, Marley - but then I realized, that the writing was also dry, boring, and hard to follow - so Marley and Me has officially been casted aside, to join the very few books that I shall never finish...

My new read: Pillars of the Earth. Much better novel

Kiss family vacation goodbye....

Spent most of the week either riding the bike trails from Eastham to Wellfleet or I would find myself a nice spot on the beach, set up camp, break out the book. Occasionally, a few of my little cousins would come over, poke me, and with little up turned faces, beg that I catch some crabs with them. No matter how old you get - catching crabs on the cape is always good fun. Crabs have ninja skills, and bury deep under the sand lying in wait for you to step over them.... as you walk over, they jump out and attach themselves to your toes....

4 comments:

American Citizen said...

Glad Gillian's music is being heard. Safe travels to you.

Kev said...

Can't remember if I asked this before, but have you ever read Gaiman's American Gods? If not, I think you might like it, since a lot of it takes place during a road trip through the U.S. (ahem).

jl said...

just found your blog. fabulous pics!.....just started reading Pillars of the Earth too :)
j.

sofija said...

I wish I had known you were down the cape, I would have loved to meet you!