Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Smelly hotel... smelly smelly

ModelMayhem is having a banner contest.... oooooh, better get photoshoppin boys.... : )

Life moves so fast with Matthew around, I don't have quiet time to hang out and type anymore. I am always feeling like I need to be moving around.... doing stuff, seeing things, "ooh Austin, look more Austin, buildings, trees, Austin"..... Downtime is a big-time for me..... I am used to being alone..... I need downtime to stay sane. Right now we're in a cute coffee shop with couches.... if this can last for another two hours without any interuption, I should be ok for a day or two....




















So we've left Tim's place, which is kind of sad... because it's a really nice hole-in-the-wall home. I haven't felt that 'at home' in quite some time. Tim talks to his cats and he likes having people around the house to keep him company all day. Tim let me use all his equiptment the other day to photograph a new-and-upcoming model, Miss Tama... here are some of those photos...

Now we're in Austin, staying at this incredibly smelly Motel 6. Matthew has never stayed in a junkie Motel before.... so as soon as we walked in, he was flipping out. "We're in the ghetto, we're going to get shot, there are people standing around shirtless holding beers in the parking lot!!! The hotel is growing mold, there's no soap, the bed is gross.... " It was SO funny.... he was so freaked out, he made me drive aimlessly around Austin - wasting time and gas, so we wouldn't have to be at our hotel.... we ended up coming back to the hotel, to swim in their pool, during a rain storm.... that part was fun, the rest wasn't.....


Today was more rain, like a downpour kind of rain - Matt still wants to see the city... I've been to Austin 3 times this year. I just want to get some work done.... tomorrow is the 4th, we're watching fireworks on the lake.... or something like that. I need some slow time.... like slimy snail unmoving slow, just for a few hours....

No comments: