Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Smelly hotel... smelly smelly

Life moves so much faster with Matthew around. He always wants to see everything and do everything..... Downtime is a big-time for me..... I am used to being alone..... I need downtime to stay sane. Right now we are in a coffee shop in Austin TX with couches.... if this can last for another two hours without any interruption, I should be able to book enough work for the next week... We have left Tim's place, which is kind of sad... because it's a really nice hole-in-the-wall home. I haven't felt that 'at home' in quite some time. Tim talks to his cats and he likes having people around the house to keep him company all day. Tim let me use all his equiptment the other day to photograph a new-and-upcoming model... Now we're in Austin, staying at this incredibly smelly Motel 6. Matthew has never stayed in a junkie Motel before.... so as soon as we walked in, he was flipping out. "We're going to get shot in this part of town!!! The hotel is growing mold, there's no soap, the bed is gross.... " It was SO funny.... he made me drive aimlessly around Austin, wasting time and gas, so we wouldn't have to be at our hotel.... we ended up coming back to the hotel, to swim in their pool, during a rain storm.... I love swimming in the rain. Today was more rain, like a downpour kind of rain - Matt still wants to see the city... I've been to Austin 3 times this year. I just want to get some work done.... tomorrow is the 4th, we're watching fireworks on the lake.

No comments: