Friday, April 27, 2007

Frustrated - Cold Foot-ed Photogs


Divine Lorraine Hotel shoot was supposed to happen this afternoon. Been looking forward to it all week... the place looks amazing and I can just image crawling around the floors making nitty-gritty photos that would unhinge jaws. But alas, last night I talked to the photographer over the phone - and he gave me the whole, "I've never paid a model before, what if we don't get anything good....blah blah. My images are in high-demand, people always do TFP with me... blah blah" Really dislike when people pull that last minute.. If you don't want to follow through with your original shooting plan, don't waste my time....

Also..... when asked him for the address... he kept giving me "6th and whatever-the-name of the road was." Now listen, I am from Tully, NY.... my nextdoor neighbors are cows who have more teeth than their owners (and to tell you the truth, I don't even know if cows have teeth... but google-images seems to think so... so whatever). But my point is, I do not know the streets in whatever giant city you happen to live in. I need exact addresses with zipcodes, perhaps landmarks, I don't know - something more than street names. What I do know, is that if I enter "6th and whatever" into google-maps - It gives me a location in Kentucky..... So take Kentucky and shove it, buddy.

Last night I shot with this 80's photographer from Philly... off the top of my head, I think his tag is TG - I was the first model he has hired since his friend Pretty Poison - his entire port is women with big hair, shiny bikes, and tiger print bikinis from the 80's.

Ooooh, Patrick is coming out to visit me tonight - He's braving rush hour traffic to spend the night with me. Really excited about having him here to hug for awhile - Plus he promised to attend the Philly Meet and Greet with on Saturday night! Figure if no one talks to me, at least I won't be standing by the punch bowl all alone.

Never been to a modeling Meet and Greet before - Not sure what to expect. Figure it's a good excuse to pass out cards and meet pretty girls... Mmmm.

2 comments:

TJ Photography 80's Photog said...

I had fun shooting pics of you London!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recently added a news widget from www.widgetmate.com to my blog. It shows the latest news, and just took a copy and paste to implement. Might interest you too.