Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One more month...

One more month, well, as of yesterday - this roadtrip will be over. Momma Bean will be throwing her crazy Hawaiian wedding party the last weekend of October - Matt and I are on a tight schedule to be back on the 25th to help her set up. In the meantime, my schedule has us hanging out in Omaha for a few days. Right now we're holed up in this cute little coffee shop called The Mill. They have warm apple cider (which I cannot afford - Matt and I are living off dimes and nickels again, at least until tomorrow). They keep playing weird funky Indian music - here in the coffee shop - here in Omaha.......

Matt and I have been trying to recollect the past few days on the road - "What did we do all week?" Cannot really say. The drive through South Dakota was painful. We both agree that we saw lots and lots of grass...... That state is so flat, so green, and so devoid of life.... that seriously, we got excited to see a street cone in the road - or a stick popping out of the ground - or a dead animal.... it was the most boring ride we have ever done....

Got pulled over really late last night in Sioux Falls for speeding - and since I lost my driver's license in NY's Penn Station (really long stupid story).... they separated Matt and I to make sure we were not dangerous.... "Are you a terrorist? Are you smuggling drugs? Do you have any weapons in your car?" Ha. I got to sit in the police car and Matt in the mustang. I kept asking the police officer what all the things in his car can do - I've never been in a cop car before - so that was interesting..... I did not get a ticket... and Matt was not a terrorist - so all is well.

What else?

Ooooh, Chinese Buffets. Matt and I have been hitting up the China Star restaurants like we are addicts... so if cops label Won-ton soup as a drug, consider us guilty as charged...... Because of both the soup and the fact that I have an incredible amount of work over the next 3 weeks - We have also been working-out like maniacs. We spend about four hours a day, just jogging, crunching, lifting, and tae-boing - it is quite the sight.

I have nothing real to talk about today.
Just thought to update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How funny! I'm from Sioux Falls. Sorry to hear that your trip in our state sucked so bad. If you drove east to west, I can see how horrible it would be. You should have drove south to north! At least that way there are some hills!