Friday, April 18, 2008

White Sands 2008....

Between staying up late and waking up incredibly early - Patrick and I were exhausted waking up at 5:30am, driving out to White Sands. Never really had much choice, though - White Sands was completely my idea to begin with. A few weeks before I had put out a notice, requesting TFP with any photographer who was willing to make the trip. A nice guy from AZ answered my casting call..... claiming total amatuer abilities with a desire to learn photography. He was willing to take the trip from Tucson to White Sands (which is about a four hour drive)....

After about two weeks of trying to figure out how to shoot in pure white sand (pure white reflective sand) and how to prepare camera gear and all that - he managed grab two other models as well... T-racy and Karen Alene.

Tracy is a model from Tucson - Told me that she has been reading my blog for the past four months and that I inspired her to persue a modeling career - She was a bit of a "fan girl" - Really excited about posing with me and wanting to "get to know me" - She talks about how she wants to travel a lot - So hopefully she will be able to take her modeling to another level.

The drive to Phx was actually quite nice... Pat and I took to Interstate 60 W, driving through little Apache towns, with young kids asking if a NY minute was really an hour....

Photos: Kienan Ryan 2008, and of course, Google

No comments: