Monday, April 28, 2008

The Plaza - Fremont Street

Last time I was in Vegas - Matthew and I holed up in the El Cortez (one of the oldest hotels on the downtown strip). Built in 1941, the hotel is now so run down and filthy..... "Don't lie down on that comforter! Get up! You're going to get pregnant...!!" Matt was always watching out for me. 



This time was the Plaza - rooms were $30 a night. I had a balcony, two clean beds, and a pool on the roof! Quite fancy. 

Shot with a lawyer out in this old mining town called Nelson. My photographer tipped the owners of the town substantially and they gave us the run of the place ... 3000 miles to Graceland was filmed there and so was Beyonce's new music video. Also shot at the Valley of Fire - with a photographer who is taking a trip to the Northern side of the Grand Canyon for a full month. Overall - my shoots for Vegas, surprisingly, were some of the best that I have had in a long time. They satisfied for entertainment, talent, and experience.... Isobel Wren, the model that I am traveling with right now, got into Vegas around midnight - we wandered around town, and found a diner that served food till 4am. It was great she made it to Vegas, it was sad she didn't get to see more of the city - the next morning we had to be up and out by 7:30am for a pin-up shoot..... and that was that for Vegas

No comments: