Friday, February 1, 2008

"Keep the Blog...."

Perhaps I will keep the blog. It is the stuff that I CANNOT talk about which is actually the most thrilling. The strange photographers, the bad scenarios, the photogs that magically lose their undies, the photographers that fart in small studios - that kind of thing. If you know me, you know that I enjoy a good story. When I write on this blog, I have to edit myself x100 so I do not get in trouble with my peers, friends or family.... it bothers me to no end that I cannot be 100% honest (because if I could, I absolutely would). 

But with that said..... Let me catch you up with what I have been up to.... Staying in St Petersburg right now, at a photographer's place - The other night, I strolled over to a little bon-fire, lawn party..... Twenty minutes after introductions, someone stuck a beer bottle in one hand and a bottle of hair dye in the other, "Think you could dye my daughter's hair, young lady?" So I did, next to the little bon-fire, bunch of people talking small town things that I couldn't really follow.... they rewarded me by finding a bunch of marshmallows to roast on bbq skewers. That first marshmallow is always so good...

Car broke down - Had to be towed..... I was shooting wrestling match at a hotel, the car died pulling into the parking lot. Shuttered, Shook, and Died beneath me.... it was too late at night to have it fixed. Luckily it happened while I was working with an accommodating photographer. He gave me the hotel room for no extra charge.... I got to deal with the tow trucks and the repair shops at 10am. The car needs about $900 worth of work on it, (much of that going towards a new oil tank because it is leaking) - but before I get the work done on it, I am going have it have it looked over one more time at a different shop... from there I will figure out how to budget all that.

Today is the Tampa Bay Meet and Greet, three hundred photographers and models from all over FL will be there. I am still deciding if I want to go. I really struggle at these events. I feel people know me but I do not know them. And so many guys say things like, "OH! Heyyyyy ...... It's you! I didn't recognize you with your clothes on...!!" - I don't know. Maybe I should just stay at the hotel and watch Sex in the City.

12 comments:

jcalexander said...

The horse in the top picture must be a stallion, in the circumstances I'd be grinning too...thanks for staying with us out here in the WWW.

Anonymous said...

Mr Ed there needs to see the horse dentist, but London you look great!

Tucson or Bust said...

Chalk up one more "glad you're keeping the blog" vote. It's always tough to decide what should be out there for public consumption and what shouldn't, and why - but it's important to rise above other people's pettiness and remember that as long as you live by your own standards, nobody can take that away from you.

Anonymous said...

Awwwright! Glad you reconsidered. That's what we like about you. You're not just a gorgeous face, you have real feelings, moods and issues just like the rest of us (nothing wrong with blowing off a little steam now and then). I appreciate your honesty with how you felt but am glad you're here again. Just remember only you decide what goes on here and have the final word on what stays and goes. Love the pics; as usual you don't disappoint. Have fun and be safe. xo

London Andrews said...

His horse teeth are pretty gruesome, huh? : ) I wasn't sure if he was smiling or planning on biting me - I'm not down with the horse lingo....

Trying to decide whether or not to shut down the blog - wasn't just blowing off steam.... I had one photographer call me out for slander - he reported me to his lawyer - he has dropped it since I apologized, I had another photographer deny me photos that I actually gave a damn for because I mentioned some petty things he did - I removed that post as well, I had a model write me personally to tell me that it is my fault that I get into the situations that I do, I had a close friend tell me that they are worried for my safety (because they occasionally read the blog).....

So for the record, it's not like I just 'had a bad day' - and I decided it was time to stop writing..... Bad mouthing really is Slander, and you really can get sued for damaging someone's name - no matter how unprofessional they might be.... that is how it is....

But I will keep writing - I just will have to keep all the dirty info in a diary, which will one day be a book - where, of course, all the names will be changed.....

Tucson or Bust said...

Here's the funny thing about slander (and actually, it would be "libel" rather than slander, since it's in written form): Truth is an absolute defense to a defamation lawsuit. If you didn't say anything about him that wasn't true, he can't win. And that's the case in every state in the union.

I know lawyers everywhere. If you ever get sued for saying something bad - but true - about someone, just let me know, and I'll be on the phone within minutes.

London Andrews said...

I only write what is true - perhaps exageratted here and there for enjoyment of the readers - but everything written in this blog is completely factual (within realm of my horribly biast opinion, of course)....

If it ever does happen again, I'll be sure to drop you a message - but my whole goal with the new approach to the blog - is to avoid "libeling" (ha, is that a word?) all together. I just don't like drama... it hurts my head.

Doctor E said...

Tucson or Bust is dead on correct regarding the slander/libel concern... His lawyer probably made him drop it as soon as he asked if any part of your blog is correct.

The nice thing about libel concerns is (as ToB mentioned) that "it ain't libel if it's the truth" (advice from a lawyer friend).... Plus, you get the added protection of creative license. You don't present this blog as a journalistic endeavor, so you will be afforded the same rights to creative embellishment as say, Perez Hilton and his white dots on photos.

One other thought is that you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. You can keep the sensitive types at bay by making it clear what you're stating as a fact (This person said/did xyz) and reporting as opinion (and my feeling is that this behavior is unprofessional).

I'm glad to see that you're going to continue writing - it's nice to see what adventures you've gotten into.

Hope your escape from Florida was successful!

E.

Ian said...

thank goodness you kept blogging! how else will I ever hear that you're finally northbound to our icy part of the world.

Ian In Winnipeg

Anonymous said...

naked with horses?
kinky

i think u should keep a blog somewhere
i always like reading your words

- hammer

Anonymous said...

hmm. luv this text :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.