Monday, February 4, 2008

"Excuse me...Miss?"

The Modelmayhem Tampa Bay Meet and Greet was a lot of fun.... by far the most organized, well thought out location, I have seen to-date. The gathering was held at RAW, a little posh sushi bar, down in Ybor City. Arrived minutes after the doors opened.... just four or five photographers hanging around. Grabbed a name-tag, met people as they came..... Normally Meet and Greets are total madness - hundreds of people milling about, everyone is shooting, flashes going off left and right. You are tripping over cords - You are in someone's shot - You never get to meet everyone that you want to..... but because I was there early, I could pace it. More than anything, I was just excited because people knew who I was.... Models kept coming up to me and telling me how they look up to my work, Photographers asked me about my travels and where I am headed next, I had a few people come up to shake my hand, and gasp a little and go, "I never thought I would actually meet you".... It was soooo sillly!!! Perhaps I sound self-centered, but it was just nice not to be lost among all the beautiful, tall, skinny, long legged, models of Florida. 

2 comments:

Kev said...

One of my favorite Steven Wright jokes:

Officer: Did you know you were going 65 miles an hour?

Wright: Actually, I wasn't planning on driving that long.

Nice to hear that the M&G went better than you expected. Good surprises count too.

Anonymous said...

It's fairly common to use landmarks of some sort and calculate your speed based on that. Besides your usual incorrect information and arithmetic error, there's also parallax ... a chunk of the reason for the margin they give is to help cover their ass; as long as they ticketed you correctly, their information being a bit off isn't damaging to you.