Saturday, January 26, 2008

Naples, FL

Is a place full of millionaires, meth addicts, and far too many cops - Surprisingly though, it also breeds really wonderful people.... two nice individuals under separate circumstances insisted on paying my dinner tab, a luxurious spa lady sent me to the best motel (not the meth motel) in town which boasted a real fireplace and fridge. Then, the motel only charged me $20 for the night.. somehow, someway, without anyone knowing my financial situation... good things have been happening when I really need them to.

How random is it that while booking work the other day, this nice kid that I struck up conversation with, invited me out to dinner? I piled him into the mustang and we drove to a little seafood place on a waterway, split a pitcher of Bud Light, and ate Blackened Grouper until the sun disappeared - it was a lot of fun, really random. He was saying that meeting me was the most entertaining thing that had happened to him since he moved to Naples a few months ago..... We went out and saw Sweeny Todd together... I don't know. Randomness. Adventure. Good company. A six hour sidekick is better than being alone anyday...

I did not originally want to post about it (because we all know, if I do, it never happens) but I finally got to shoot with Oliver Regueiro (work on left) out in the Everglades yesterday for the EnvironmentalRefugee Project .... It is really exciting for two reasons - one, because how many models get to shoot in the Everglades? .... and two, how many people get to shoot with Oliver? Ha. We did not get eaten by alligators or mauled by snakes... so I figure, the shoot turned out pretty decent... also good company. I want to kidnap him and bring him on the roadtrip....

Sarasota has a real Oyster Bar.... like, a bar (with lots of things to drink) and real Oysters - how perfect is that? Went out with a photographer and his chica last night, had quite the time - I learned that some dildos are made from airplane parts and you can boil them in acid, and they don't change form. Isn't that a fun fact? Really excited because I get to see the two of them again on Sunday, when his girlfriend takes place on the rollerderby team... I have a team to cheer for!

Sarasota. So, I am staying with a Couchsurfer here in Sarasota.... who is moving to Portugal this weekend to study spiritual massage for three months. She is amazing. She has a Mary Poppins trunk... you should see all the stuff she can fit in her car. A's job is almost as fun as mine - A Personal Shopper. Meaning that she goes to fancy upscale stores, buys people clothing, and gets paid for it.... Tonight we are having a going-away party. I am going to bring the cheese, crackers and wine - she is supplying all her friends and lots of Key Lime Pie... It's going to be a shin-dig. I think that is the perfect explanation. She is also going to the rollerderby on Sunday.....

I might go visit my crazy aunt while I am in town, but I am still deciding...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes folks it's official: London Andrews and the camera make the sweetest love and produce the most exquisite works of art. RED is definitely your color. You look like one of those mythical water nymphs coming up to visit us lesser beings as you rise from your aquatic abode. Looking forward to more from the only true Goddess on the Internet. Be safe and have fun in Florida.

Kev said...

By the way, you should so trademark 'Meth Motel.' Talk about a growth industry!

London Andrews said...

I was thinking it would make a fantastic band name.... "Dude! What are you spinning on your ipod?" "Awww Man, it's that new shit, Meth Motel..."

You can see it... ha

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is really lovely work. 2 Bad we missed ya in West Palm Beach

e said...

eBambi
The Models - Photographers (but not only) social network.
Join now:
http://www.ebambi.com