Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Into The Wild....

Because I spend so much time on the trains, riding between Long Island and NYC, doesn't come as much of a surprise that I have been devouring more books than usual - Finished Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, Water for the Elephants by Sara Gruen a few days ago (which was incredibly hard to put down). This week was Into The Wild...perhaps you have seen the movie?... Other than the fact that I cannot stand the dry, factual based writing of John Krakaue - the story itself was moving. I am nothing like Christopher McCandless's character, yet in so many ways, he is someone whom I identify with completely.... I wish I had known him....

Been working a lot - Eating lots of Gummi Bears - Had to try to learn how to pee upside down for Aeric, that was... interesting. The Central Park topless pretzel guy.... chased me for twenty blocks screaming, "Me love you! Me want yo numba! Give me time, give me time... Me love you!" It was silly and perhaps a little bit scary but nonetheless silly.... Went to a photographer's house, asked to use the bathroom, and he informed me "The toilet paper is just for show, please do not use it. Use the one under the sink." Stop - ponder - think? Huh?

The Staten Island Ferry is free, did you know that? You can ride it back and forth all day - not a dime needed... You can feed the birds, see the Statue of Liberty, the NYC skyline, see a sad excuse for a harbor, maybe some floaty fish - any time, day or night - it is really neat... I am going to catch it late at night in the summertime, sneak on some champagne, celebrate life with Matthew for awhile.....

2 comments:

Duff Man said...

You've reminded me of a Grey's Anatomy quote: "I have a thing for ferryboats" (Derek "McDreamy" Sheperd). Well, I didn't say it was a GREAT quote ;)

Tucson or Bust said...

Sorry the pretzel guy harassed you - if I'd had any idea he was going to do that, I'd have walked you to Starbucks and then gotten in a cab. Thanks again for a great shoot!