Friday, January 25, 2008

Everglade City, FL

Now that Miami is over.... I can move on to the awesomeness of the last two days..... Yesterday, I went to the everglades and did a two hour tram tour with a very attractive tour guide. Twenty five old folks and myself, "Oooohed" at birds and "Ahhhed" at Otters and "Gasped" at the fish. I made a friend. I met a man in his late sixties who bought a giant motorhome after his wife passed away and now he travels all the time. We were both lonely and happy to have someone similar to talk to.... we spent the entire ride back to the tram station talking about National Parks and all the places we want to visit..... He says that I need to Big Bend in TX, so Big Bend is officially on my travel schedule......

Last night I stayed at The Meth Motel... ha. Not really, but I walk in and the lady at the desk is like, "Do you do drugs?" And I am like, "No"... and she goes, "Are you sure? No meth? We don't let people who do meth stay at our motel." And I am like, "No." So then she continues to go on about all the people staying at the motel. "The guys in room #3 - they are Golf Caddies and they have Homosexual-Sex at night.. they can be loud. The lady in room #10, huge fat jiggly blonde woman, she had her kids taken away because she drank too much.... The guys in room #8....." I was just so enthralled with all this gossipy info on something I could care less about - that I sat around and talked to her and the toothless owner for about two hours.... I went to bed that night, knowing every single-sided story, for every single person that night....

Being in FL, I have to compromise my rates to $20-50 an hour...... I barely had enough money to leave Miami the other day and I absolutely hate using my credit card, like I feel like I am scrawling out the dollar signs in my own blood when i use it - just that painful. Hopefully this will all get better, because right now it is just not good, not good at all.

3 comments:

SLEPhoto said...

:(

Sorry I couldn't have contributed more than I did.
The offer for a paid stay at the Nude Model Ranch once I get rich is still open ;-)

London Andrews said...

Ha - your wine was more than enough.... : ) Although it pays for a lot of stuff, money isn't everything - Good company and Wine is just as important...

Believe it or not, you are the 2nd person to offer me a place to crash on a nude model ranch... : ) Once they get rich....

I missed you at the M&G today... : (

SLEPhoto said...

:-( I wish I could've been there. It sucks being broke.