Friday, January 25, 2008

Everglade City, FL

Now that Miami is over.... I can move on to the awesomeness of the last two days..... Yesterday, I went to the everglades and did a two hour tram tour! Twenty five old folks and myself, "Oooohed" at birds and "Ahhhed" at Otters and gasped at fish. I made a friend. I met a man in his late sixties who bought a giant motorhome after his wife passed away and now he travels all the time. We were both lonely and happy to have someone similar to talk to.... we spent the entire ride back talking about National Parks and all the places we want to visit. He invited me over for dinner and campfire. It was a good break from road food.

Last night I stayed at The Meth Motel (it was called the Sunshine Inn but it would have been better titled Meth Motel)... I walk in and the lady at the desk is like, "Do you do drugs?" And I am like, "No"... and she goes, "Are you sure? No meth? We don't let people who do meth stay at our motel." And I am like, "No." So then she continues to go on about all the people staying at the motel. "The guys in room #3 - they have Homosexual-Sex at night, if that bothers you there are earplugs. The lady in room #10 had her kids taken away because she is a mean drunk." .. I went to bed that night, knowing EVERY one-single-sided story that a person could know... Being in FL, I have to compromise my rates to $25 an hour...... I barely had enough money to leave Miami the other day. I absolutely hate using my credit card, like I feel like I am scrawling out the dollar signs in my own blood when i use it. Hopefully things pick up or I am unsure what my game plan is.

3 comments:

SLEPhoto said...

:(

Sorry I couldn't have contributed more than I did.
The offer for a paid stay at the Nude Model Ranch once I get rich is still open ;-)

London Andrews said...

Ha - your wine was more than enough.... : ) Although it pays for a lot of stuff, money isn't everything - Good company and Wine is just as important...

Believe it or not, you are the 2nd person to offer me a place to crash on a nude model ranch... : ) Once they get rich....

I missed you at the M&G today... : (

SLEPhoto said...

:-( I wish I could've been there. It sucks being broke.