Saturday, March 28, 2009

If you have not noticed...

.... I am really bored this weekend. The apartment is totally abandoned - Pat went home to visit his family in Long Island, Geoff and Laura are out doing "roommate" things. I live on the East Side and was thinking about going to go visit Samantha on the West Side - but I do not think I have enough gas in my car to get to get over there.... This is the first time I have been in the apartment alone. Definitely decided I do not like it.... I shall escape by catching you up on FL stuff.... lets reminisce.....

So while in Orlando - Matt and I were invited to this girly-sleepover thing. I was super excited about it because Engle, the girl who was hanging upside down from the ceiling somewhere in this blog, was visiting from LA (and I love her).... But after a lot drama on her side of life - being left at the airport and being stranded, Engle could not make the sleepover... *sad face for me* - In her honor, the rest of us had a drunk-pillow fight! (which can be seen above.... they all ganged up on me)

After Orlando, we headed to New Smyrna for a few days! It was good to see my grandparents. Like most snowbirds, they travel down to FL in the cold weather months and stay in a cute little condo on the beach-front. My mom was down there visiting that weekend.... I love my mom. She is sunlight - warm, happy, all the good things that a person should be.

It was there, in New Smyrna.... while nibbling on yummy oysters, that we watched the shuttle launch March 15th. Never seen a sight quite like it.... we were less than forty-five miles from the launch-site at Cape Canaveral. The horizon lit up like it was on fire, the ground shook, the shuttle lifted off off the ground.... it left this wonderful colorful trail of smoke behind... just hanging in the atmosphere... While I was in Miami. I saw all the astronauts on TV - they were talking to Obama about the launch. Surreal to think that I saw them leave the earth...

It was also in New Smyrna that I finally visited the hospital - And the doctor informed me, "You have a heart murmur" (which I do not) - He also informed me "You are lactose intolerant" (which I am not).... cost me two hours, one hundred and sixty dollars, and a hell of a lot of anger to hear that come out of his mouth.... I do not get angry very often, but I almost punched the poor bastard in the face. What do you expect? Here I am, sitting in front of him, I have lost fifteen pounds from not being able to eat any real food for the past six weeks - and he is telling me that I have a leaky heart and I cannot drink milk.... fuck you! I have not drank milk since I was ten... I have been living on a diet of bananas and crackers for a month! Bastard!

After working with Santa Clause in Miami - Matthew told me the money that I had made was 'dirty money'. He did not want me to spend it on anything but bills.... And yes, while I did use the majority of the money to get us to Tampa - I did toss a few twenties towards an airboat ride through the Everglades! If I have learned anything from this job..... it is that negative experiences must be balanced out with positive experiences or you will lose your mind. And lets just cut to the chase here... I mean, how often do you get to ride in an airboat across the Everglades!? Yea - pretty much never.... It was great! I felt like James Bond - surrounded by Gators instead of hot chics!

What else....? Hung out with Dr E in Sarasota. - It was wonderful!.... Matt and E really hit it off. They chatted until 2am about Meditation and Zen-stuff.... This made me incredibly happy - because it finally gave me a chance to sneak away and grab some sleep without Matthew snoring in my face..... Man-oh-man... I do not care if I came across as antisocial...... sleep was never as glorious and as joyous as it was that evening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, where is your pillow?? Looks like you are loosing at this point.. he he..

Ganged up on you they did!

Curvluver said...

Ah good old JB's. I go there every time I visit my folks in New Smyrna (my dad lives for their hamburgers I think...).

Anyway thinking positive thoughts your way.

doctor e said...

As I mentioned before (but it bears repeating) - having you and Matthew visit me (twice, no less) was certainly the high point of an otherwise less than great month....

Even though you were sick as a dog, it was nice to see you. And Matthew was a life saver. Or maybe just a centering presence in my life at the time that I certainly needed one. Of course, it helps that he may just be the best houseguest ever (you get second best by proximity to him).

I will just have to hope that you will both make it back down sometime. Your hatred of Florida notwithstanding....

E.

Anonymous said...

looks fun
but
lazy boring days are good sometimes too

- hammer

PD said...

Sorry to hear you are bored. But, it lets you tell us more about your trip. So, you are still passing out smiles. Cool that you got to see the Shuttle Launch. What those guys do, that's brave. Why is it that some doctors lose their humanity? I understand they have to to do their job, but they seem to come off like robots. Had the same kind of doctor, & should have decked him to. Cool about the air boat. If 007 drinks Vodka Martinis, what would your drink be?

Good luck with the sale. I'll be looking & bidding.
:)

Kev said...

Now I'm jealous. I've driven over to Titusville twice to watch a shuttle launch and both times there was a last-minute scrub.

Do enjoy the airboat rides, though. Especially when they stop to point that there's a gator about ten feet off to the side (and no one else has noticed it.)