Thursday, October 2, 2008

RailRoad Lines

Staying at Model T's place (photo on right) in Pottstown PA was very pleasant. While sadly, she spent most of her time working her 40-hour.... I, in turn, spent most of my time hanging out with her son, Patrick. Patrick has a culinary arts degree, is just about my age, works as a line chef at a local restaurant called the Icehouse... Something about him reminds me of my friend Jason back home.... it is all around the eyes....

Patrick and I did sushi at this great hole-in-the-wall place and he explained to me just how they fry-icecream (for those of you who guessed frozen icecream and cornflakes, congrats!)... hung out with a 6-pack each later that night, talking about how much it sucks being lonely... cause it really... does...suck...being lonely. We traded stories for awhile. His story followed something along the line of "Meet girl of dreams, fall deeply in love, find out she is married a month later..." Him and I both agree that married people are untouchable. They bring un-to you - bad karma in all other relationships......

Days later - left my car in PA, jumped the train to NYC - two backpacks, a laptop, a schedule, and some hope that things will just magically fall into place. Not gonna lie, I was definitely worried for awhile - Not only was I stuck at the train station in Hicksville for four hours, nibbling on cold pizza, watching it downpour outside - wishing, that for just a minute or two, that I could have my car back... But I had two major cancellations, no place lined up to sleep all weekend, a battery-dead laptop, an empty ipod. I sat there.... swinging my feet for a few hours.... waiting for Kim's shoot to end, trying to strike up conversation with strangers who would have no part in conversing..... It actually got to the point where I began contemplating whether or not it would be worth just getting back on the train and heading home.... sometimes, things just do not feel right....

But it has since worked out pretty nicely.

Kim did pick me up after her shoot - and we have been having a good time out in Long Island... I love working with another model because shoots stay on track, everything goes by faster..... Oooh and as for a place to crash, as I was getting off the subway train tonight.... It just hit me!!!!! I do fucking know someone in the city! My friend Fritz moved out here last month!!! While we do not talk all that often, he is a really good friend of mine - not sure if you have friends like that. Friends where you do not need to talk to them every month but you will be friends for life, just because you are. Not sure how to describe our relationship - he is someone I love, someone that I am horribly attracted to, someone I have great chemistry with. But is also someone that I could never-in-my-life date - we both laugh about it all the time.... He demands too much, I am too free willed - you do not know how impossible we are. Regardless of all that, though.... He is exactly the type of guy where I could call him any hour of the night (which I did).... and tell him that I am in the city, minutes away, and need a place to crash (which I did).... and be sitting on his couch, shooting the shit, an hour later (which I am)... - And it is simply nice. That is what it is.

Tomorrow is Brian Diaz's place: a photographer, friend, a moderator on MM (ooooh, the man and the myth....) Shoots start at 8am, so I need to get crashing... like right about three hours ago... : )

7 comments:

PD said...

Whatever it is:
Charmed
Blessed
Lucky
On a roll
You got it.
A friend is a friend, no matter how similar or how different you may be. Great you remembered Fritz was down there. How did the 8am shoot go? Hope you got some sleep.

Kimberly Marvel said...

I am SO grateful to have you as a travel companion for the few days that we're both in NYC!

You're such a sweetheart, and the days are flying by with giggles, good tunes, great shoots, and yummy food.... Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hey London, do you really hate tickle vids and get all bruised like you said in an earlier entry? That sucks....hopefully it won't put you off doing a few more?? (Hopefully!?!?) Btw do you do tickle shoots like your modelling shoots, where someone (ahem) could pay you to come over and tickle you for an hour or so? Oh, and finally, are those lovely big boobies ticklish?

Frankie xx

vikingman said...

Hi London,
this time it's not so easy to start, so many different topics, so open, so personal and quite taking.
Agree on married people are un-s, in my experience people in fixed relationships too, was interfering quite long and quite strongly once
-with temporary sucess-
not winning in the end and my beloved (different) girl some years later, taken by another...
Decided to take that as a lesson: Don't do things to others, you don't want to happen to you, works fine.
Felt really down, reading Your taking description of what happened in Hicksville, it was really bad!As I was in that scenery too,at the time happening, good description!
Luckily things changed and got better, You lucky one!
Lucky Fritz too!
Can't find anything bad in being free-willed, rather the opposite, unless together with wrong person.....
Some just need to be as free as birds, otherwise they die, as a wild bird in a cage....
Mother Nature knows.

Keep it up,
from the now snowy mountains on the other side of the pool,....

Anonymous said...

where id you find a photo of enfanta's bunny???

"geo packrat"

Anonymous said...

I love the bunny with the pancake on his head.

Anonymous said...

Boy, that fritz fella' is a LOOKER! ;)