Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pin-Up Event... SlyHorse Studios!!

Right now I am in Fredericksburg Virginia.... All three of my shoots canceled for this afternoon - Although cancellations always suck..... I am really excited for the freetime - Spent the morning running errands. Sending off the E-bay stuff, car washin, oil changin, deposits for the bank, laundry, cleaned out the front seat of my car - which was starting to smell like a really funky-nasty-armpit? I did not touch it, kicked all the garbage out of the car with my foot....

Pin-up event went well.... , There were about fifteen photographers shooting Nicotine in the studio when I showed up at 9:30.... Kevin, the owner, mentioned that over twenty-seven people came out that night to check out the event..... great to see that kind of turnout. In the end, I did not end up shooting in the studio..... just too many people, too many lenses. Around 11ish, once the place cleared out, I dressed up (not pin-uppy) and shot with a really talented girl, Miss Emily Fine - who is 18 years old and incredibly incredibly fine with her post-work.....

That is not the best part, though.... So everything wraps up, right? A bunch of people go to the restaurant around the corner - Kevin, Tyger, Em, Ron, the guy in the pink shirt, some other guy not wearing a pink shirt.... we get late night sandwiches, some drinks, talk about love, sex, rock n roll and clitoris rings. Get back to the studio to sleep, 2:30 am - and I hear a *rap rap rappin* on the door. Tyger's car overheated!!! Emily and him are stranded!!!! So here we are in a studio - sleeping under softboxes and alien bees.... just my airbed, a funny shaped couch thing (for Em), and a blow up piece of cheese (for Tyger). Together we made this demented sleepover party in a photography studio.... Nude model London, eighteen year old Emily Fine, and a /photographer named Tyger..... and although I cannot divulge anything spoken of that night (to protect the innocent) - I swear, it was one of the best nights of the month, hands down. I love 3-dimensional people - I love real conversation..... and I love staying up until 4am with good company.... Em's first edit is on the left....

I also think that I messed up the rest of my life today - Because this never happens. Went to the post office today, half-hit this really cute guy with my car. Rolled down my window (No make up, hair messy, just sweats on, looking like a total mess) - apologized for being blind and stupid. "Shouldn't be driving a car to begin with.." He smiled.... I went into the post office and came back to a note on my car.... "Think you are beautiful (deaf, dumb, blind and all) Want to get to know you, please come and meet me for lunch on the dock at 2pm... hope you show up." I smiled a lot, because he was really cute with his sandy hair and I did not look beautiful at all - But then - I never went..... that is right, I totally fucked up the universal alignment with the hot man at the post office - I am going to hell.

10 comments:

Monty said...

London

Thanks for coming to the open house. You are the BEST! I'm glad to have been able to shot again at Slyhorse..

Ron

James said...

Sorry I missed it! Of course, from Alabama to Maryland is a somewhat long drive for a one-night shoot...

London Andrews said...

Ron, and although I didn't get to talk to you - it was awesome that you came out with everyone...!! More fun drinking company... ha

TX Geologist said...

Love the story about the postman that is a classic...

Tyger said...

Purr.... ~Tyger

James said...

Two ways to look at the post office guy:

1. He was able to see your beauty, and would have been the love of your life, or
2. He was a stalker who was going to slash your throat.

Your choice ...

Matthewblue said...

those photos are beautiful wow

London Andrews said...

James... that is horrible!

I figured he was either my Sleepless in Seattle husband-to-be....

... or he was going to have a lawyer enjoying lunch with us, because I hit him with my car.

No throat slashing... ewww

Anonymous said...

My lord your beautifull , talented and just Wow ! you really should have met the guy for lunch , But then I'd never have the chance :) Hey do you sell any of your prints on e-bay ? I love what you did with the Winter looking scene.

The Black Metal Avenger said...

Wow neato you came to Fredericksburg, VA!

I a couple years late commenting...ha ha ha