Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jeff Metter and Springtime in Cleveland!

Cat hair all over my keyboard! At this rate, if I continue picking hair out of my keyboard, I will be able to make tiny miniature kitty replicas of all of Tracy's cats in no time...

Had the such an entertaining flight home yesterday! I sat next to Jeff Metter, the lighting director for Kenny Rogers. Most of the band was on the flight too - the fiddle player, the guitar guy, all the sound technicians. Jeff just completely blew me away. He has been cage diving in Cape Town, he has toured forty-two countries, he is happily married (which always impresses me), he lit a stage south of France for a crowd of 360,000 people (that is six times the amount of people who attend Burning Man... I cannot even fathom it). He has worked with The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Lenny Kravitz, The Beach Boys.... even Jenny Lewis! I was randomly expressing to him that the only musician at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that really sparked my interest was Madonna.... and he is like, "Really? Madonna? I used to call her Daisy..." And he pulls out of photo of the two of them together from the 80's.... he is all long haired and tattooed... Madonna is in her bra, flashing the camera. Totally friggin awesome...

In other news..... Cleveland! Believe it or not - I am actually very excited to be back here. When I left this city, my car was covered in snow and rock-salt .... and now, returning almost three weeks later, all the snow is gone and everything is green!! You cannot realize how happy I am.... I found a lilac tree last night! Pat and I wrote poems in chalk on the sidewalk! I can walk to Coventry without a coat on! I can play my banjo outdoors and bug my neighbors! Cleveland is not so shabby in the springtime.... not so shabby at all.

"Remember - you do not have to be a penguin to have Happy Feet!"

Photos: Self-Portraits: Canola Fields in Manitoba Canada July 2008....

3 comments:

SnakeLinkSonic said...

That second picture is amazing, lol. I'm using it as my new wallpaper from now on.

~sLs~

PD said...

You seem to manage to find the interesting people on the airplane. Wish I can say I had your luck. Just a little time. That's all it takes. Be it the seasons or whatever. It has been really nice to see the sun again. How is that banjo playing going? Will you have time for that rematch? Enjoy spring, now that its finally here.
:)

ShyinAlabama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.